Dr. Who

Started by Michael Rolls, November 23, 2023, 07:26:30 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

on this date in 1963 the very first episode was screened - although I was a fan, don't think that I watched it - still too shocked over the death of JFK
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

I used to always watch Dr Who up untill the last few Doctors. David Tennant was the last one I liked but I felt it was getting a bit daft after that.
Tom Baker and Sarah Jane were my favourites, though I did like David Tennant and Rose as well.
I see he's back as the Doctor on Saturday evening.  :yay:

klondike

I watched some but certainly not all. I gave up after a two or three episodes with the female doctor. I just got  sick of the woke nonsense that was being dished up. Now I've binned the licence I couldn't anyway and it isn't something I'd bother downloading.

JBR

I used to be a big Dr Who fan when I was younger.  It began when I was about 11 years old, and I avidly watched it throughout my childhood, and beyond.

Like the woke BBC, and it seems at the same time, it has gone down in quality for several years now.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

My favourite Dr. was Jon Pertwee, followed by David Tennant. The moment they declared a female doctor I dropped it - After all, the doctor has a wife who calls him husband and a daugher who calls him father - so woke nonssense
[email protected]

klondike

You should have seen some of the plots and listened to the BS dialog.

Michael Rolls

bad as that? Glad I didn't!
[email protected]

Raven

Quote from: Michael Rolls on November 24, 2023, 09:14:40 AMbad as that? Glad I didn't!

Me too, I was shocked when they announced the next doctor was to be female. Jon Pertwee was the doctor for a very long time, he was good as well, he had a wee blond side kick called Jo, they made a good team. I loved the wee yellow car he drove, I think he called it Bessie? If I remember right. AND, he drove that poor army guy mad, the brigadier.  :grin:

JBR

I agree.  The woke BBC had an excellent series which was very popular.
Only the woke BBC could adopt as many trendy ideas as there were available and assume that the majority of its viewers would leap up and down in joy.

We didn't.  Most of us walked away.

klondike

I think the technical term for the state of Doctor Who now starts with an F and is preceded by Totally.

'Doctor Who' Mocked for Asking Alien Character Its Pronouns: 'What a Load of Woke Sh*t!'

The long-running BBC sci-fi series Doctor Who is facing widespread mockery for embracing woke gender nonconformity, with a recent episode featuring the title character asking an alien life form to declare its pronouns.

The episode also featured a scene in which the title character (played by a returning David Tennant) is referred to as "male-presenting."

Doctor Who  — which is also available for streaming on Disney+ — dedicated three recent episodes to its 60th anniversary. In the episode that aired Saturday, an alien life form named The Meep (voiced by Miriam Margolyes) provokes a discussion about gender pronouns.

"Yes, The Meep, I promised I can help him to get home," the Doctor says at one point.

"You're assuming 'he' as a pronoun?" Rose Noble, the Doctor's "non-binary" sidekick, asks.

"True. Yes, sorry, good point," the Doctor replies. "Are you he, she, or they?"

The Meep replies: "My chosen pronoun is the definite article. I am always 'The Meep.'"

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2023/11/27/doctor-who-mocked-for-asking-alien-character-its-pronouns-what-a-load-of-woke-sht/

Clip

https://twitter.com/BGatesIsaPyscho/status/1728752648898404478

Michael Rolls

what a load of rubbish - I had intended to watch the special as Tennant was returning - rapid change of mind. As I am concerned, the programme is now just memories
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: klondike on November 28, 2023, 10:40:04 AMI think the technical term for the state of Doctor Who now starts with an F and is preceded by Totally.

'Doctor Who' Mocked for Asking Alien Character Its Pronouns: 'What a Load of Woke Sh*t!'

The long-running BBC sci-fi series Doctor Who is facing widespread mockery for embracing woke gender nonconformity, with a recent episode featuring the title character asking an alien life form to declare its pronouns.

The episode also featured a scene in which the title character (played by a returning David Tennant) is referred to as "male-presenting."

Doctor Who  — which is also available for streaming on Disney+ — dedicated three recent episodes to its 60th anniversary. In the episode that aired Saturday, an alien life form named The Meep (voiced by Miriam Margolyes) provokes a discussion about gender pronouns.

"Yes, The Meep, I promised I can help him to get home," the Doctor says at one point.

"You're assuming 'he' as a pronoun?" Rose Noble, the Doctor's "non-binary" sidekick, asks.

"True. Yes, sorry, good point," the Doctor replies. "Are you he, she, or they?"

The Meep replies: "My chosen pronoun is the definite article. I am always 'The Meep.'"

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2023/11/27/doctor-who-mocked-for-asking-alien-character-its-pronouns-what-a-load-of-woke-sht/

Clip

https://twitter.com/BGatesIsaPyscho/status/1728752648898404478
Yes, as it says on the second clip, most people are sick of this nonsense.

The BBC is constantly complaining about people 'illegally' failing to pay for a TV licence, yet at the same time they are doing their best to deter most people from even watching their woke rubbish - including their news programmes.

Scrumpy

We could do with a few Daleks doing the rounds in London.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on November 28, 2023, 11:05:16 AMWe could do with a few Daleks doing the rounds in London..
PALESTINIAN MARCHERS.....  EXTERMINATE..... EXTERMINATE

Raven

Eerrmm I quite enjoyed it, might get better next week as they are now off into the great beyond in a runaway tardis.  :busted: