Bill Kenwright RIP

Started by Alex, October 24, 2023, 06:25:32 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Bill Kenwright has died ages 78.  Some may remember him from Coronation Street back in the day, his life was in the theatre but he was also an Evertonian and the chairman of Everton FC.  Born in Wavertree he never forgot his roots.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on October 24, 2023, 06:25:32 PMBill Kenwright has died ages 78.  Some may remember him from Coronation Street back in the day, his life was in the theatre but he was also an Evertonian and the chairman of Everton FC.  Born in Wavertree he never forgot his roots.
Bill who?  Nevererdovim.  What part did he play in Corrie?
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

As well as Everton chairman, Kenwright was an actor and musician who produced various musicals including Blood Brothers and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat.

His other productions include the UK tour of Jesus Christ Superstar and the London revival of Cabaret.

He was Betty's son Gordon.

Raven

I remember Betty often talking about her son Gordon, but don't remember ever seeing him. Not watched Corrie for over 10 years now.

Cassandra

One of my close friend's sons appeared for many years in Blood Brothers and I met Bill through him. A kind and outstandingly generous man - god speed Bill and thank you.

I must say with this news (Bill was my age, next month) and Bishan Bedi (former Indian bowler and Test Cricket Captain) yesterday (mine presently) it makes you think up the other end of the wicket? Same score not out on the board, but watching the demise of your peers at the striker's end!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

GrannyMac

Quote from: Alex on October 24, 2023, 07:08:37 PMAs well as Everton chairman, Kenwright was an actor and musician who produced various musicals including Blood Brothers and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat.

His other productions include the UK tour of Jesus Christ Superstar and the London revival of Cabaret.

He was Betty's son Gordon.
I remember him as Gordon, and I enjoyed Blood Brothers.  We're a similar age.  

RIP. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

so true, Cassandra - I have few of my generation left and only know face to face one person older than myself
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

Quote from: Michael Rolls on October 25, 2023, 04:55:23 AMso true, Cassandra - I have few of my generation left and only know face to face one person older than myself

As long as I keep 'taking strike' Im happy, as Milligan once said "I keep reading the obituaries and if mines not there I figure I must still be alive ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]