The FA Hypocrisy

Started by Alex, October 15, 2023, 10:11:24 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

Politics should be kept out of football full stop.   But the FA decided a while back that they would "show solidarity" with various causes, and so started the 'taking the knee ' after George Floyd's death in the US.

When it comes to the Wembley arch, it has been lit up in the colours of France following terrorist attacks there.  Same for Ukraine the arch lit up in blue and yellow, not forgetting the red for Turkey after terrorist airport attacks there.  This week the FA refused to light up in the colours of Israel.  Unacceptable.

klondike

Most football associations only really show any solidarity with money. I suspect they fear problems from the ragheads if they support Israel which could cost them some.

I'm surprised that the invasion of Gaza hasn't started yet. Israel normally likes to get in quick before they get stopped by international pressures (or probably more truthfully the Yanks tell them to stop). The delay suggests to me a big build up and they may really mean business this time. It has to kick off soon.

Scrumpy

Money speaks .. and controls.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

As has been mentioned, I will never take any notice of the FA, partly because I have absolutely no interest in football, but also because as has been suggested they are biased against certain people - the Jews.

When a political movement wants to rapidly gather support from the public, it concentrates initially on the most naive and stupid.  What better than football fans?  🤣
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Cassandra

Both the limp Lineker and the wet Southgate, etc etc are so Woke I no longer watch the wretched BBC for Sport - or anything at all come to that!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

don't think that I have watched any BBC, apart from Rugby, this year
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]