Prime Minister in waiting

Started by Alex, September 13, 2023, 03:44:47 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

The Labour leader is off to Paris next week to meet up with Macron at the Elysee Palace.  Macron must be so pleased to welcome a pro EU British MP to France.

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on September 13, 2023, 03:44:47 PMThe Labour leader is off to Paris next week to meet up with Macron at the Elysee Palace.  Macron must be so pleased to welcome a pro EU British MP to France.
We'll be back in the EU within a couple of years of Labour taking power.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I don't see that happening. There are a majority think it was a mistake leaving though. I see the mistake as trusting our government to do what we voted for.

Cassandra

Quote from: Diasi on September 13, 2023, 04:16:15 PMWe'll be back in the EU within a couple of years of Labour taking power.

I feel thats what the toolmaker father's product would like because he sure knows how to grovel! I reckon it'll take a couple of terms. Say 8 years when many of us are gone. Then the bright young things will eventually prioritise both the Euro and Schenigan to go abroad with and get properly pissed.  Avoiding the nuisance of currency changes, closed borders or mobile phone 'roaming charges'. You know really important things!

Who cares?

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

If I'm still around in 8 years I'll care. Not that I'll be able to do anything about it. 

Mind you you are assuming that the EU will still be around in 8 years. Considering the problems the Euro has that isn't a given.

Weapons Grade

I agree that Labour might have another referendum in the forseeable future and this time the reamainers will win. After that, we all know once you're in it's for good. But just a thought; were the Brexit promises intentionally broken to cause the mess we're now in? May, Boris and Truss were all pro-EU, what else did we expect?   

I'm also with those who think the EU will eventually collapse of its own accord leaving a terrible mess in its wake. The Social engineering of people or societies never lasts and I don't think this attempt will either.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Weapons Grade on September 13, 2023, 05:51:25 PMI agree that Labour might have another referendum in the forseeable future and this time the reamainers will win. After that, we all know once you're in it's for good. But just a thought; were the Brexit promises intentionally broken to cause the mess we're now in? May, Boris and Truss were all pro-EU, what else did we expect? 

I'm also with those who think the EU will eventually collapse of its own accord leaving a terrible mess in its wake. The Social engineering of people or societies never lasts and I don't think this attempt will either.
The people voted to leave the EU.
The politicians didn't like the way the vote went.
The consequence: we ended up only half-out, still effectively under some of the EU's laws.

If Labour get in next time and attempt to get us back into the EU, in we shall go.
Will the people be happy?  I doubt it.
Will the EU rejoice?  I doubt that too, as their economy is already sinking and some member states are less than happy.
In fact, the EU might well fall apart.

Here's hoping!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

klondike

I would love to see the end of it. 

Bit like a movie - character hanging on in their death bed for news of a long awaited event. News comes. Character expires either just before or just after. I'd like while after but the fallout will be bad so maybe not too long.

dextrous63

Ffs.  Do we really have to go through endless reporting about a new referendum, split political parties, the usual "expert" journalists discussing the views of other "expert" journalists who allegedly had private conversations with other expert journalists, who themselves got an impression from the ex partner of someone who might have known the retired nanny of an MP??

All in all, I suspect the cost of reporting the last debacle and the subsequent, er, debacle was more than we'd have actually saved had we done eff all.

Alex

Starmer has now stated he will do a deal with the EU to take in a quota of illegals from mainland Europe.  I'm just wondering how can it make sense to take in a quta of 100,000 (alleged figure) when we're struggling to house the 40,000 already arriving.  I never could add up at school, but it looks like we'll send them back 40,000 and they'll send us 100,000  :rolleyes:  So Brussels will decide who and how many we get ? :angry:

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on September 14, 2023, 04:07:21 PMStarmer has now stated he will do a deal with the EU to take in a quota of illegals from mainland Europe.  I'm just wondering how can it make sense to take in a quta of 100,000 (alleged figure) when we're struggling to house the 40,000 already arriving.  I never could add up at school, but it looks like we'll send them back 40,000 and they'll send us 100,000  :rolleyes:  So Brussels will decide who and how many we get ? :angry:
That will be Starmer's downfall..  Many voters will not accept that.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

[email protected]