Clever move?

Started by klondike, September 07, 2023, 09:52:36 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Express front page...

Is it a clever move to mention Brexit? A reminder that Labour wasn't in favour? (not that most Tories were either)

Whatever the reason Brexit was a long time ago and my belief that any ills resulting are because it was poorly implemented rather than because it happened at all.

It is amusing that Sunak is on his feet bigging up the economy when apparently the pound is in on the rocks though. Reminds me of the end of the Major parliament when every day brought more bad news. Poor Rishi. He'll have to quit hius hobby job soon and live off his wife's billions. C'est la vie.

Raven

Haven't we just rejoined some EU run scheme? What if it's a start to fully rejoin bit by bit? :shh:

Ashy

We have often heard of the best prime minister that never was, but this man is the prime minister that never should have been.

klondike

Quote from: Raven on September 07, 2023, 09:56:03 AMHaven't we just rejoined some EU run scheme? What if it's a start to fully rejoin bit by bit? :shh:
No that was something we always intended to remain in and is a good thing IMO. It's cooperation in science and science funding. Had we remained excluded we'd have seen a brain drain as science is fully international.

Raven

Oh that's good then. I heard it on the car radio when I was heading to the pool earlier so I wasn't paying full attention. :embarrassed:

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Ashy on September 07, 2023, 09:56:20 AMWe have often heard of the best prime minister that never was, but this man is the prime minister that never should have been.
:upvote:  :upvote:  :upvote:  :upvote:  :upvote:  :upvote:  :upvote:  :upvote:
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: klondike on September 07, 2023, 09:52:36 AMWhatever the reason Brexit was a long time ago and my belief that any ills resulting are because it was poorly implemented rather than because it happened at all.
Exactly what happened.

We voted to leave.  Our government assured us that we would.
Since then, they (especially Treason May) have done all they can to remain under existing EU rules which benefit them more than us.

One example being that they are still allowed to fish as much as they want in our waters.
Another is that we have handed over Northern Ireland to Brussels, in all but name.

And there are many more restrictions that our leaders have been happy to accept, which we could well do without.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

Brexit - what we wanted, and haven't got!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]