Nadine Dorres

Started by Alex, August 27, 2023, 11:36:38 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

Well done Nadine for telling it how it is !   Incase you haven't read it, here's her resignation letter.

https://news.sky.com/story/nadine-dorries-resignation-letter-in-full-as-she-accuses-rishi-sunak-of-whipping-up-a-public-frenzy-against-her-12948384

p.s. it is a little drawn out as she blows her own trumpet, but she does call out Sunak rather well.

klondike

Still a year to go til the election. Doubtless another embarrassing by election of course. Too late to swap leader. The best Sunak can hope for is to avoid a Labour landslide. I doubt he will. He's a pretty invisible leader.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

I didn't read far. Bit too tedious for me on this busy day...

GrannyMac

Thanks for this Alex.  She's spot on re Sunak, and the powers held by the few. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

eMail from Reform suggests that they will be putting a lot of effort into the by election. I wish them well but realistically have low expectations.  If only. If only.

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on August 27, 2023, 02:15:05 PMThanks for this Alex.  She's spot on re Sunak, and the powers held by the few.
I've never bought a book in my life but I'll probably buy hers.

She hasn't said anything that I & other local Tory Party members haven't said about the way CCHQ Remainers & Remainer MPs dismantled Boris Johnson & Liz Truss.

I'm on record as telling our local Tory MP that Sunak being shoehorned into office would wipe out the Party.

Personally I hope that Labour win a landslide majority in 2024 & I can then spend what may well be the rest of my life laughing as the country goes totally down the pan.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on August 27, 2023, 07:43:12 PMI've never bought a book in my life but I'll probably buy hers.

She hasn't said anything that I & other local Tory Party members haven't said about the way CCHQ Remainers & Remainer MPs dismantled Boris Johnson & Liz Truss.

I'm on record as telling our local Tory MP that Sunak being shoehorned into office would wipe out the Party.

Personally I hope that Labour win a landslide majority in 2024 & I can then spend what may well be the rest of my life laughing as the country goes totally down the pan.
I can see your point.
The problem is that whether or not Labour form the next government, the country has probably had it anyway.
I'm sorry to appear so negative, but without going into details most of the damage has already been done.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

I think you're right JBR , no going back from the damage done

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on August 27, 2023, 11:03:54 PMI can see your point.
The problem is that whether or not Labour form the next government, the country has probably had it anyway.
I'm sorry to appear so negative, but without going into details most of the damage has already been done.
I agree.

The rot started in 1997 when Blair, who thought was the new Messiah, achieved his landslide victory which enabled him to open the immigration floodgates & destabalise the Middle East.

The next Tory / LibDem government did nothing to put on the immigration brakes as the LibDems had to be kept happy.

By the time the Tories managed to form a large majority Government under Boris Johnson it was already going to be a huge uphill struggle to reverse the damage.

Of course since 2016 it's the Supreme Court that has been able to scupper all attempts to stop out-of-control immigration & anything else it didn't agree with.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on August 28, 2023, 08:09:18 AMI agree.

The rot started in 1997 when Blair, who thought was the new Messiah, achieved his landslide victory which enabled him to open the immigration floodgates & destabalise the Middle East.

The next Tory / LibDem government did nothing to put on the immigration brakes as the LibDems had to be kept happy.

By the time the Tories managed to form a large majority Government under Boris Johnson it was already going to be a huge uphill struggle to reverse the damage.

Of course since 2016 it's the Supreme Court that has been able to scupper all attempts to stop out-of-control immigration & anything else it didn't agree with.
So our democracy has now effectively become a kritocracy.

Michael Rolls

looking some of the idiotic policies being pursued, oerhaps a new word is needed. How about clownocracy?
[email protected]

klondike

I'd thought of something ruder but decided to keep it to myself

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: klondike on August 28, 2023, 11:03:44 AMI'd thought of something ruder but decided to keep it to myself
I think you probably have in mind a s***ocracy.