Reform Party

Started by Alex, August 02, 2023, 08:03:48 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

JBR

Quote from: Alex on September 15, 2023, 10:52:54 PMThis sounds a pretty strong team, although I would have preferred to see Ben Habib on Immigration and Ann Widdicombe on Brexit & The Union

The publication of this is excellent timing as we grow closer to the next general election.
I have read adverse comments (elsewhere of course) stating that people won't vote for Reform because they have no idea what their exact intentions are.

I'm sure that Reform will be publishing their manifesto nearer the time, but now that they are listing their projected cabinet, it will hopefully encourage more people who are dithering to change their alliance to Reform.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Quote from: JBR on September 16, 2023, 10:59:34 PMpeople won't vote for Reform because they have no idea what their exact intentions are.
They have no idea what any party's intentions are.

We do have a damned good idea what all the main parties are though - mass immigration, net zero, declining privacy and buggering the economy and our lifestyles in some unspecified way if the others don't work well enough

Raven

Quote from: klondike on September 17, 2023, 08:43:24 AMThey have no idea what any party's intentions are.

That's true, I've heard of the party but???????

JBR

Quote from: Raven on September 17, 2023, 09:40:26 AMThat's true, I've heard of the party but???????
But what?  I think they are even standing in Scotland!

Raven

The "But" means I know nothing about them.  :rolleyes:

Raven

Went and had a Google and from what I read it's no wonder I know nothing about them. Most of Scotland wants to rejoin the EU and this Reform party would not have that happen, so I very much doubt they will get anywhere in Scotland.
The only other new party that's up here is the "Alba Party" lead by Alec Salmond.
I won't know for definite untill I see the next voting form, then see if they are represented.

klondike

The Reform Party is the Brexit party renamed now that Brexit is (partly) done. Same leadership expanded policies as the main one was delivered without them getting a single seat in Westminster. 38% of Scots voted for Brexit. It wasn't a unanimous Remain. Slightly less than voted to leave the UK.

Alex

Too many Tory voters are saying a vote for Reform would put Labour in power.  Labour will be in power anyway the way things are going, so why not take a chance ?

GrannyMac

Quote from: Alex on September 17, 2023, 01:17:21 PMToo many Tory voters are saying a vote for Reform would put Labour in power.  Labour will be in power anyway the way things are going, so why not take a chance ?
Labour will win here, Cons don't stand a chance, so Reform it is. 👍🏽
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

Quote from: klondike on September 17, 2023, 01:06:55 PMThe Reform Party is the Brexit party renamed now that Brexit is (partly) done. Same leadership expanded policies as the main one was delivered without them getting a single seat in Westminster. 38% of Scots voted for Brexit. It wasn't a unanimous Remain. Slightly less than voted to leave the UK.

Yes I know Scotland was split on the Brexit vote, but remain was more popular and still is. We both voted to leave and we did, but sometimes I wonder if we did the right thing in leaving.

klondike

Having left makes rejoining by an independent Scotland something of a problem with that  land border. It would bugger up trade with England to a degree which I'm guessing is a fair percentage of the total.

JBR

Quote from: Raven on September 17, 2023, 01:32:01 PMYes I know Scotland was split on the Brexit vote, but remain was more popular and still is. We both voted to leave and we did, but sometimes I wonder if we did the right thing in leaving.
I can at least understand why some people are wishing to re-enter the EU.

The so-called Conservatives (which are no longer anything by the name) are making, and have made, a real hash of the country, and many people are beginning to realise that they are not worth re-electing.
Many others, especially older people, remember the last time that Labour was in power, and the real mess they made of things.

One solution is to hand over government of this country to Brussels.  Surely, they can't be as bad as our two 'main parties', can they?  Well, actually, I have heard that all is not good in Europe now.

Well, I'm one of those who feels that they (and especially the French) would love to regain control of this country, for their own advantage.  They would take full control of us and impose laws which would be to our detriment.

Another solution is Reform.  I believe that this is the best opportunity we have to restore at least some of this country which we once regarded as the best nation in the world.

Of course, what will be will be.  I shall do all I can to help.