Reform Party

Started by Alex, August 02, 2023, 08:03:48 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

ANNOUNCEMENT : Reform UK will be going live tomorrow morning with an important news update. More follows...

klondike

🚨| ALERT: Reform UK is holding a news conference tomorrow morning. Join
@TiceRichard
and
@benhabib6
from 11am. Watch the live stream here on X.

X is the peculiar new name for Twitter

Alex

This sounds a pretty strong team, although I would have preferred to see Ben Habib on Immigration and Ann Widdicombe on Brexit & The Union

GrannyMac

I really hope they can win some seats!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Ashy

I'll vote for them if they put up a candidate, we can't carry on as we have been.

klondike

There are supposed to be candidates in every seat. 

If they look it bit scruffy it'll be because they've been debanked.  Remember the old slur about voting for a donkey with a red rosette? I'll vote for anything that doesn't sport a red, blue, green, or yellow one.

Sheila

Diasi

They'll have my vote as I'm a paid member & also bung them 5 quid a month (well I am a pensioner :grin: ).
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

Quote from: Diasi on September 16, 2023, 05:12:32 PMThey'll have my vote as I'm a paid member & also bung them 5 quid a month (well I am a pensioner :grin: ).
If I agree to vote for them, can you send me 5 quid a month too?

Diasi

Quote from: dextrous63 on September 16, 2023, 05:17:58 PMIf I agree to vote for them, can you send me 5 quid a month too?
I'd really like to do that but it would be illegal.

It's the first time, that I can recall, where the law has saved my any money.  :grin:
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

Quote from: Diasi on September 16, 2023, 05:24:30 PMI'd really like to do that but it would be illegal.

It's the first time, that I can recall, where the law has saved my any money.  :grin:

Is it illegal?   Where's Cassandra when you need him?

Diasi

Quote from: dextrous63 on September 16, 2023, 05:28:25 PMIs it illegal?  Where's Cassandra when you need him?
The Representation of the People Act 1983 is the primary piece of legislation & it's an offence to influence voting which covers paying a person to vote a certain or asking for payment to vote a certain way.

You don't get 5 quid a month of my money that easily.

Lol.  :grin:  
[email protected]

dextrous63

Ah well.  It was worth a punt 😬

klondike

Quote from: Diasi on September 16, 2023, 06:04:17 PMThe Representation of the People Act 1983 is the primary piece of legislation & it's an offence to influence voting which covers paying a person to vote a certain or asking for payment to vote a certain way.

Aha - dextrous- what's it worth for me to keep quiet? Don't forget I have the server logs.

dextrous63

Excellent.

Section 21 of the Theft Act 1968 defines an instance of blackmail as one where: "a person with a view to gain for themselves or another or intending to cause loss to another makes an unwarranted demand with menaces