Trump

Started by Alex, June 14, 2023, 09:59:39 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

He doesn't need Colorado.. It is a Democratic state..
I think he will return.. All this publicity is good for him.. He is getting more popular..

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Alex on December 20, 2023, 07:25:19 AMTrump won't be allowed to stand for President in the state of Colorado.  How can a couple of judges make this decision, and will it make a difference to his chances of becoming President ?

This sounds very much like the emergent kritocracy that we are now suffering in the UK.  Judges taking control of politics, overruling decisions made in Parliament.
This is not democracy.

Yes, it is said that 'the law is the law', but who creates laws - suggested and voted upon by a large group of democratically elected people.
So why can't Parliament override decisions made by unelected judges?
Perhaps they can, eventually, but it takes time and until the effort is made, judges will rule the roost.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

The law has always been political in the US. Judges are political appointees there.

Cassandra

A truly amazing decision by 'Colorado' claiming insurrection by the Orange one under Article 14 (we have a written constitution here). Of course it's just another shabby example of how far things have slumped in Politics to have even happened. I would think the Democrat ridden disaster area that is today's agitable Colorado will find an appeal court application for setback to be successful.

It will doubtlessly as an 'action' inflame Republican and all 'free minded' constituents across the States to realise just how low the party of the dumpster 'Biden' have sunk, even for their tainted standards. Over here its the chat everywhere and many are incandescent - calling 'me' and asking how they can be 'injuncted', what happened to 'anyone can be President' ~ 'land of the free' etc. Dark days indeed.

Biden's tragic example of human degeneration axiomatically represents how little chance, the silly old fossil stands against either Trump or other Republican Presidential Candidates ~ and the Democrats know it! But like the Tories back in the UK seem stricken to change things, but coalesce with their 'eternal cadaver' as front man. Perhaps not surprising when the alternative is Kamala Harris!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Cassandra

Quote from: klondike on December 20, 2023, 11:34:32 AMThe law has always been political in the US. Judges are political appointees there.

True, but their active record of decisional rulings can and does accrue to appeal, where 'justice' is the arbiter. The USA is subject to the 'Spoils System', where the winning party can grant appointments and jobs without question to it's supporters. It's really the same in the UK, but not as generally established as an accepted way to go.

Trouble is increasingly in today's world, corruption is both the juror and the arbiter as morality is corroding everywhere.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on December 20, 2023, 12:05:02 PMA truly amazing decision by 'Colorado' claiming insurrection by the Orange one under Article 14 (we have a written constitution here). Of course it's just another shabby example of how far things have slumped in Politics to have even happened. I would think the Democrat ridden disaster area that is today's agitable Colorado will find an appeal court application for setback to be successful.

It will doubtlessly as an 'action' inflame Republican and all 'free minded' constituents across the States to realise just how low the party of the dumpster 'Biden' have sunk, even for their tainted standards. Over here its the chat everywhere and many are incandescent - calling 'me' and asking how they can be 'injuncted', what happened to 'anyone can be President' ~ 'land of the free' etc. Dark days indeed.

Biden's tragic example of human degeneration axiomatically represents how little chance, the silly old fossil stands against either Trump or other Republican Presidential Candidates ~ and the Democrats know it! But like the Tories back in the UK seem stricken to change things, but coalesce with their 'eternal cadaver' as front man. Perhaps not surprising when the alternative is Kamala Harris!
🤣🤣🤣
Eternal Cadaver!  I like it.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

dextrous63

Quote from: JBR on December 20, 2023, 06:21:44 PM🤣🤣🤣
Eternal Cadaver!  I like it.
Almost missed that little beauty

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Michael Rolls

Eternal Cadaver - great!!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on December 21, 2023, 04:46:51 AMEternal Cadaver - great!!
Biden's an insult to your average cadaver.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]