It seems that the self destruction is continuing

Started by klondike, June 10, 2023, 08:52:27 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Watch out Sunak! Warning MORE MPs to follow Johnson to exit door sparking Tory civil war

The former Prime Minister issued a shock statement just hours after his close ally Nadine Dorries announced she too was quitting Parliament in what now appears to be a coordinated move to force two damaging by-elections on Mr Sunak's floundering government.
There is now speculation that others may follow in the coming days forcing Mr Sunak to fight for his political life on a number of fronts.

Mr Johnson's resignation followed weeks of briefing against Mr Johnson and culminated in him receiving the findings of the Commons Privileges Committee into whether he had deliberately misled Parliament.
Revealing, the findings Mr Johnson said that to his "amazement" the committee members "are determined to use the proceedings against me to drive me out of parliament. "
He went on: "They have still not produced a shred of evidence that I knowingly or recklessly misled the Commons.
"They know perfectly well that when I spoke in the Commons I was saying what I believed sincerely to be true and what I had been briefed to say, like any other minister.
"They know that I corrected the record as soon as possible; and they know that I and every other senior official and minister - including the current Prime Minister and then occupant of the same building, Rishi Sunak - believed that we were working lawfully together."

Full sorry tale : https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1779292/Rishi-Sunak-tory-civil-war-boris-johnson-quits

GrannyMac

Boris at least was someone with a personality. May, Truss and Sunak?   The Tories are galloping into oblivion, a left wing coalition is possibly the next government with Starmer at the helm.

Be still my beating heart.  🥳
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Ashy

When we hear about real workers going on strike for better pay, don't we sometimes think "Why don't they work somewhere else if they can do better."?

Perhaps he's going into the gunpowder business, somebody ought to.

Alex

As a self confessed conspiracy theorist :smiley: could this be a plan for Boris to reappear just before the next election and to ride in on his white charger to save the Tories ?  He is after all a vote winner .

Raven

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

I like Boris.. even though he is a prat.. He is the best prat out of a bunch of prats...
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ashy

Somehow  I don't think the WEF will think they need him since they own both the most likely winners.

GrannyMac

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 10, 2023, 01:35:40 PMI like Boris.. even though he is a prat.. He is the best prat out of a bunch of prats...
Sums it up for me!  😂

klondike

Quote from: GrannyMac on June 10, 2023, 09:34:00 AMa left wing coalition is possibly the next government with Starmer at the helm.
I'll be glad if we do. They are sure to sod things up big time. Then with all top 3 parties unelectable perhaps people will start to think maybe we could vote for a minor party.

Just so long as it isn't the greens  :ugh:

Jacqueline

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 10, 2023, 01:35:40 PMI like Boris.. even though he is a prat.. He is the best prat out of a bunch of prats...
Agree with you, he is head and shoulders above the other prats.

Ashy

Quote from: klondike on June 10, 2023, 07:28:38 PMJust so long as it isn't the greens
More likely to be the SNP unless their self destruct system is also operational. Then we would have a parliamentary majority that hates England.

GrannyMac

Fortunately not all Scots feel like that Ashy, some of us are even married to an English person...😊

klondike

The SNP can't get a majority in Westminster. It's one of the things they are always moaning about. 

Bit like because there wasn't a majority for Brexit among part of GB with less than 6 million population GB with its over 60 million population should not have left.