Mosquito Repellent Candles

Started by Alex, June 07, 2023, 12:25:57 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Mosquito Repellent Candles 🍋

First slice one lemon and one lime (this will be enough for two candles).
Then add a couple of slices of lemon and lime to the jar.
Next add a couple of sprigs of basil.
Then fill jar with water up to threads.
After that, add in 10 – 15 drops of lemongrass oil.
Now stir.
Then add in floating candle.
Finally, light the candle and enjoy a pest free summer!

or you could cover yourself with Listerene, but only the blue one !   :grin:  :grin:

Raven

Might try that, I have the screen up at the back door and it's great but there's still some coming in both the bathroom windows.

GrannyMac

I burn citronella tealights.  But I might try that too.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

I don't know if it works, someone posted it on Facebook but it's worth a try.

Michael Rolls

Veronica used to be very susceptible to insect bites, so we used citronella candles when sitting out of a summer evening - they seemed pretty effective. Haven't bothered since I lost her - just don't bother to sit out
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

They might not bite you anyway. I rarely get bothered with insect bites. Maybe I don't react to them or maybe they don't like my pong.

Alex

I've had to have anti biotics on a couple of occasions over the years.  They love me, but the blue Listerine seems to work, I use cotton wool pad to wipe it over my ankles and arms, it doesn't smell as good as Estée Lauder though  :smiley:  :smiley:

klondike

Most mouthwashes contain some alcohol. Have you considered using meths instead?  :grin:

Alex

There's something more than alcohol in Listerine, I don't know what the smell is, Tea Tree maybe or Peppermint ??

Raven

I love Listerine, been using it for several years, the Cool Mint one (blue) it's the only mouthwash that feels like a mouthwash IMO, my mouth feels clean and fresh for ages after using it. :yay:

Alex

Just looked at my bottle it's Spearmint

GrannyMac

I get bitten too. I had to go to A&E once when we came home from a holiday in Greece. One ankle and foot swelled up so much I couldn't get even a sandal on.  

Avon Skin So Soft spray is a good deterrent, and it smells good 😊 

Alex

I'll try that GM, gotta smell better than Listerine.  :grin: I think someone must have told me about that before because I've got one in the bathroom - it wasn't you was it ?  :smiley:  :smiley:

GrannyMac

It might have been! 😊. My memory's not that good these days. 

Michael Rolls

I mentioned it in the other place - the SAS or the Marines (can't remember) use it
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]