Border Farce

Started by klondike, December 09, 2022, 10:33:45 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

UK Border Force to Strike at Airports over Christmas, Migrant 'Taxi' Service Will Continue

Members of Britain's Border Force have announced that they will abandon their posts at airports in strikes over the Christmas holidays, the PCS union announced this week.

In an attempt to blackmail the government into raising their wages, the PCS Union, which represents the Border Force, including around three-quarters of passport control staff at airports, said that it will be going on an eight-day strike over Christmas — although their operations collecting boat migrants in the English Channel and brining them to Britain will seemingly be unaffected.

The PCS union boss, Mark Serwotka, warned that the strikes would "escalate" unless the government "put money on the table now". Some 86 per cent of PCS union members voted to go on strike across 124 government departments, the BBC reported.

He said that the strikes were "part of a targeted and sustained programme of industrial action that is designed to escalate each week unless the government is prepared to put money on the table now to deal with the poverty of its own workforce," he added.

Full story https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/12/09/uk-border-force-to-strike-airports-during-christmas/

Smart move keeping the ferry going instead of letting the dinghy boys really face some peril of the sea? I reckon it they had stopped that and kept the airports going they may have had some public backing.

The way things are going we could soon be looking at a General Election à la Heath. That one didn't go well for the Tories.

Diasi

I've reached the point where I would welcome a General Election so that the politically illiterate can feel the real consequences of a Labour Government.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

It's coming. Possibly sooner than you'd think. Everything is in a state of collapse.

Sheila

I'm sure that we all remember the strikes in the 70s.  Our local football fields were covered in black bin bags, the lights went out and I had to sit in the dark with two small children!

Paul came back from serving overseas and discovered he  was on standby to drive a green goddess and various other things that I can't remember now.

Cassandra

Quote from: Diasi on December 09, 2022, 11:16:32 AMI've reached the point where I would welcome a General Election so that the politically illiterate can feel the real consequences of a Labour Government.

Easy for me to agree at distance, but the whole woke show needs to be exposed for the rubbish that it is. There's nothing like suffering to concentrate the mind. Presently the 'snowflakes' actually believe that Labour are the good fairies, like so many over here with Biden!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Alex

It's worrying let's be honest.  I won't vote Tory again, they've been a shambles since Brexit, probably before too.
Labour would be worse but a lot of today's voters can't remember what it was like with Labour in power.
Reform UK seems to be an alternative yet at the Chester election last week, Reform UK got only around 800 votes with Labour winning a 10,000 majority - so a wasted vote ! 

Nobody know what the future holds for our country  ?  One thing we can be sure of is we're seeing the beginning of a non-Christian take over and we're just standing by, letting it happen..