Oh, The Irony.

Started by Diasi, December 08, 2022, 11:21:25 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Black Boy Lane is to be renamed as the word black causes offence so it gets named after a black activist who, the report states, opened the first black bookshop.

https://yhoo.it/3F9rKvL
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Blackfriars will be on the list soon even if it doesn't relate to a black person..
Amy Winehouse will no longer go Back to Black
  and there will be no Black sheep in a family.. Unless it's a black family.. !!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Sheila

I don't really understand how a Black Police Officers Association is allowed and I think I have seen a black mumsnetters group too.  I don't care what colour anyone is but I want fairness.

All being well we will change colour slightly soon as we are off to Cuba.  

Scrumpy

Sheila.. You and Paul will fit in nicely when you come back.. It's called  'fitting in with the neighbours'..

December 08, 2022, 11:52:00 AM
You can pop down to Croydon and fit in well..

klondike

I was chatting briefly with a black bloke yesterday while walking along in the cold. He was amazed how cold it was as he'd not experienced a British winter before. He came from Kenya and wasn't upset when I asked him where he came from. I told him it was forecast to get worse over the next few days but that was unusual for this time of year. We came to the traffic lights and parted ways crossing the road. His English was good with a slight accent. 

It's no good moaning. We share the country with folk from all over and it won't be changing. Better get used to it.

Scrumpy

I too have met some lovely black people.. and they have sat at my table.. 
  Illegals. !!  No..   I wouldn't entertain them.. in any way.. 

GrannyMac

My closest friend is black, her husband is white.  They grew up in the same area, went to school together, same accents, same values.  She's fine talking about her African heritage, or her white English mum's family.  She wouldn't rant at an older person using the term 'coloured'.  And she certainly wouldn't wear 'locks'.

Sometimes brainless thickos can be nasty to people like her, even though she has as much right as any of us to be here.  Like Sheila, I don't care about skin colour, it's behaviour and integration that are important.  I'm constantly amazed that people can't see the difference between people like her and the channel crossers, many of whom now are white, Eastern Europeans. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

GM keeps telling us about her black friend with the white hubby and I keep telling you about my black friend, the ex Army guy married to a white Scouser  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

The thing is, we probably all know a black person somewhere in our lives, knowing them has helped us to be more accepting, but it can also go the other way.   

When I was about 17 I had a frightening experience with a group of black men on a train into Liverpool Central.  It was late, I was on my own and I was catching an overnight coach up to Glasgow.  Because of this encounter which I've never forgotten, I was afraid of all blacks for a very long time.

You grow up, get married, travel, meet new people and come to realise that not all blacks or muslims are the same.

p.s that doesn't mean I want to be in the minority in my own country !

GrannyMac

Absolutely Alex. Different experiences all add into our perception, surprisingly my OH decided to marry me, a Scot, after having been beaten up regularly at school for being English.  He developed a Scottish accent pretty quickly. Luckily he doesn't think all Scots are the same. This is sad though: https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/scottish-news/23157005.james-mcavoy-cyrano-de-bergerac-cast-racially-abused-glasgow/?dicbo=v2-8c7851da0a631d150ae8d35315dc8118

Our black or Asian friends can't hide their difference.

Cassandra

I fear that all the woke garbage, especially over the football and the wretched pair of grabbers over here is turning me INTO a racist, for self protection!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Alex

" Our black or Asian friends can't hide their difference. " that's true, but it works both ways but rarely gets reported.   NOWADAYS, you can be pretty sure that if no description of a suspect is given, nine times out of ten that suspect is non white.

These are old but the only ones I can remember.....
https://medium.com/crimebeat/they-murdered-a-teenager-because-he-was-white-e045fb50c49
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2002/dec/20/race.world

GrannyMac

I remember that Alex. Horrific and senseless.