Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

I took my 17 year old car for an MOT this morning and it's passed.  Hallelujah  :yay:

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Sheila

We went to New Brighton and walked along the prom this morning.  It was so windy that we did not walk as far as usual but stopped and picked up a Subway.  We just got back to the car when the rain started and it was torrential by the time we got home.

klondike

Grotty day for sure here. At 3 this afternoon it was tipping down and the lights needed to be on. Still; looking like it won't be bad come the weekend so the dinghy boys will be pleased...

Michael Rolls

cleaning lady comes - and that's about it
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Michael Rolls

crossing my fingers for England v South Africa (rugby union for the unvitiated)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Family Christmas meal tomorrow.. I know it's early but trying to get the dates right for everyone can be a bit of a bugger..
I've never had my tree up so early.. And the Christmas wreath has fallen off the door three times..  :boo:

Alex

You always had trouble with screws Scrumpy  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Today I went to Birkenhead for a change, I haven't been since well before Covid, must be 4 or 5 years and my goodness it's changed !  Lots of shops closed down and new, what seemed to be office buildings, gone up.  Birkenhead always conjurs/conjours up visions of rough areas, docks, run down estates, BUT because I took a wrong turning I drove through Oxton Village.  What a surprise that was, it was lovely, so many beautiful old houses and quaint shops in the village - some smart shops too. :upvote:

Sheila

Oxton Village have an 'open gardens' in aid of charity every  summer Alex.  I always mean to go but haven't got round to it.  Maybe next year?

GrannyMac

I've got some cyclamen to put in a couple of planters. Its been too wet, but today's supposed to be brighter.  Then finishing the latest jigsaw, and I'll probably watch the final of IACGMOOH tonight.

I might even pop down to Wilko, I need a brass bulb holder for my ancient standard lamp. Not a fan of putting the 'big light' on.  :wink:
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

Quote from: GrannyMac on November 27, 2022, 09:16:48 AMI've got some cyclamen to put in a couple of planters. Its been too wet, but today's supposed to be brighter.  Then finishing the latest jigsaw, and I'll probably watch the final of IACGMOOH tonight.

I might even pop down to Wilko, I need a brass bulb holder for my ancient standard lamp. Not a fan of putting the 'big light' on.  :wink:

:grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Scrumpy

'Putting the big light on'.. !!  :smiley:

Glorious sunshine here today.. after the mist cleared.. washing in machine..

Michael Rolls

looks like a second dry day in succession - wonders will never cease!
[email protected]