What have you been watching...

Started by zoony, April 30, 2022, 05:04:49 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Last night I watched a documentary 'Britain's Strictest School', about the Michaela Free school in Wembley.  No disruption in class, teachers are properly in charge, and the children are encouraged to take personal responsibility, work hard, and be kind. They were all so smartly dressed and well mannered.

Not the usual programme discussed here, but I found it really interesting.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

I like historical programs too  :grin:

Michael Rolls

Last night watched 'A Few Good Men' Tom Cruise as a USN lawyer defending two Marines on a murder charge - quite good (Netflix)
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Quote from: klondike on May 23, 2022, 08:45:42 AM
I like historical programs too  :grin:

It was like schools used to be, without the corporal punishment! Outstanding Ofsted too.  Oversubscribed, high achieving.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

I've started to watch Night Sky on Prime.  The lead role is played by Sissy Spacek with J K Simmons playing her husband.  It's intriguing  :cool:

Raven

Silent Witness was back last night on BBC1, it had the orignal Amanda Burton as Sam Ryan back again. It's on again tonight at 9PM.

klondike

I've a load of seasons of that on disk but haven't got around to starting on them.

Watched the end of Outer Range last night. Not impressed at all. That's 8 hours of my life I'll never get back.

Downloaded season 24 of Silent Witness and season 25 now on the list.

zoony

Quote from: Alex on May 24, 2022, 12:42:26 PM
I've started to watch Night Sky on Prime.  The lead role is played by Sissy Spacek with J K Simmons playing her husband.  It's intriguing  :cool:

Hadn't noticed it but I like both of 'em. 1st season downloading as we speak.  :upvote:

Jacqueline

Quote from: Raven on May 24, 2022, 02:17:37 PM
Silent Witness was back last night on BBC1, it had the orignal Amanda Burton as Sam Ryan back again. It's on again tonight at 9PM.

This is more my style, thought it was a two parter but it is carrying on again next week.

Anyone seen the new Long Lost Family about foundlings, quite heartbreaking.  One poor girl was found as a baby in hospital loo,  they put her DNA on Databases and found her full sister.  The sister had put her DNA up to find her birth family as she was also dumped in a hospital loo by the same parents.  At least the two girls have found each other even if they haven't found out who they are.

zoony

I really prefer fiction Jacq. Human cruelty seems endlessly inventive and the victims ever-more heart-rending.. Give me Midsomer Murders any day.

zoony

Watched 'The Batman'.. I've seen a lot of Batman films over the years and this was the dullest and most boring yet. Far too broody, humourless and dark, in more senses than one, for me. 2/10

zoony

I've been watching The Ipcress File TV series and finished it tonight. Very enjoyable old-fashioned Cold war spy story and very enjoyable. Young Joe Cole plays Harry Palmer..

Alex

Last night I watched The Lion, it's not new so you may have seen it.   A very sad true story with a 'kind off' happy ending - tissues required !