What have you been watching...

Started by zoony, April 30, 2022, 05:04:49 PM

« previous - next »

zoony

Tut Tut sir. I dropped rather a heavy hint as to how they extended the story to fit the time.  :grin:  If you're new to both I seriously recommend the BBC documentary first. (i-Player). It has NAD. (No added drama)

Scrumpy

I might start watching Killing Eve..
People tell me it's good..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

zoony

Not sure it's your cup of wotsit but hope you enjoy it..

klondike

I liked Killing Eve. Might download them for a rewatch.

I didn't see Operation Mincemeat in the emporium and deleted my BBC account when I deleted the DD but luckily I found it on TorLook. I'll give that a whizz first to refresh my memory as I don't doubt that there will be detail I've forgotten. Film will probably end up being tomorrow as I don't want to spend all evening on it.

Looks like Killing Eve went to 4 seasons. I may not have seen them all.

Michael Rolls

Quote from: klondike on May 13, 2022, 02:58:13 PM
It will be tonight that I watch Operation Mincemeat as I got sidetracked last night. I first heard of this donkey's years back in the days I used the library and read a book about it.
What is  it on that you can watch it?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

zoony

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: Michael Rolls on May 13, 2022, 09:14:47 PM
What is  it on that you can watch it?
My hard drive....  :smiley:

Watched the documentary (from a USB stick) last night. Story pretty much as I recalled but with considerably more detail (especially about the character of the protagonists) than I remember. They did mention the name of the story I remember from when I first read it "The man who never was".

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

klondike

All my viewing comes from Amazon Prime, free streaming services or downloads found in Zoony's Video Emporium or elsewhere on the occasions that lets me down.

I now have 4 seasons of Killing Eve downloaded. I do recall that it started getting ever more unbelievable so there is a chance I gave up on it before the end - a fate that many long runners meet. I have just started downloading Bosch Legacy though (possibly all now) and could watch more of Justified if more were ever produced. I'm not usually overly fond of American police stuff but those two I did like.

Alex

I really enjoyed Bosch,  is the Bosch 'Legacy' a new series klondike ?

klondike

Yes. I've not seen any of it yet. I'll wait until I have all the episodes before I start watching.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14168162/

klondike

Quote from: zoony on May 11, 2022, 09:20:30 PM
Which is why I was rather puzzled at the amount of schlock they threw in towards the end.
Yes I think the true story was good enough without adding additional intrigue to it. A good watch that would, imo, have been better without adding that.

zoony

[Warning. Contains opinions.]
Finally got a decent copy of 'The Northman' from the nice people at Magnet. Huge disappointment. Acting, writing, production even the 'story', all crap. Why spend/waste so much money making a completely unoriginal piece so badly? :angry: :angry:

klondike