What have you been watching...

Started by zoony, April 30, 2022, 05:04:49 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Did anyone watch..  The Man, His Wife and a Canoe.. ??

That man needed a good smack.. :nooo:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Sheila

Quote from: Scrumpy on May 10, 2022, 11:26:58 AM

No, I really didn't fancy it.

Sheila

I still watch Corrie (there isn't much else on) and I wonder if there are new directors.  The actors are doing unnatural poses and it looks to me as though they are being told how to stand and move. 

Scrumpy

I used to watch some of the soaps way back.. But I used to get muddled up with the characters.. The story lines seem to copy one another..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Yes I watched that. Pretty unbelievable that he ever got away with it to start with.

Watched another 3 part crime docudrama. Quite old I think as I'd watched it before. I started on Yellowstone but it didn't grab me so  I gave "Appropriate Adult" another spin.  Now the Wests  :nooo: :nooo:

Raven

Only ever watched Crossroads and Corrie. Crossroads went off the air and I stopped watching Corrie over ten years ago. Went on holiday and didn't see it for a couple of weeks, realised I didn't even miss it, so just stopped watching.

Michael Rolls

Stepson Niall enthused over it, but the concept didn't appeal to me
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

zoony

I remembered the story quite well and the papers were full of spoilers so I didn't bother..

zoony

I finally got around to Operation Mincemeat.. The movie. I'd watched and very much enjoyed the BBC documentary on the operation so knew the bones of it.Which is why I was rather puzzled at the amount of schlock they threw in towards the end. It was enjoyable though.

klondike

Quote from: zoony on May 11, 2022, 09:20:30 PM
I finally got around to Operation Mincemeat.
Finally a decent release and not TS more like  :grin: Anyway that heads up sorts out tonight's viewing so thanks.

Last night I watched a 3 part docudrama I thought I'd bin out before the end. I'd been putting off watching it. It was late but too early for bed so I gave it a go expecting to only watch one part and get an early night. Oddly I got into it and ended up with a later night than I intended - Quiz - the story of the court case after a £1m Who Wants to be a Millionaire winner was accused and convicted of cheating. I must say based on the defence as presented in the program I couldn't have convicted.

-Oy-

Quote from: zoony on May 02, 2022, 07:03:42 PM
I tried The Dark Tower a while ago but didn't like it much. Bit tedious, I remember.

A poor adaptation of the first book in a series if 8! The books are fabulous - and you get to meet 'Oy' in book 3 :grin:
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

zoony

I've also been watching 'The Offer' Very good drama about the problems they had making 'The GodFather'. Interesting stuff..

klondike

It will be tonight that I watch Operation Mincemeat as I got sidetracked last night. I first heard of this donkey's years back in the days I used the library and read a book about it.

zoony

Look forward to reading wot u think ol' bean..

klondike

Well I can remember the facts or at least what I read of them and I expect the film will stick to those. What I can't figure out is how they have made a two hour film of it. I do know that it was a very important bit of disinformation and made a big contribution to defeating the Nazis.