Unwanted visitor

Started by Sheila, December 31, 2021, 11:00:20 AM

« previous - next »

Sheila

We bought a tiny kitten last year and he has grown but is a big wimp because we have hardly had anyone in the house.

He woke Paul up this morning to feed him and unlock the cat flap.  Paul came back to bed and I went down a bit later but the cat didn't come to me which is unusual.  He kept very still and I realised he was staring at a neighbour's cat who had let himself in, eaten our cat's food and gone to sleep in his bed!

I shouted to Paul and he came down and while I took our cat away he chased the other one out.  We've had to go round trying to wash away all traces of the intruder.

I just hope that Paul made enough noise to frighten the other cat.  He must have woken the neighbours!

Scrumpy

Paul... You are my hero.. I have a Magpie in my garden.. Greedy, greedy thing.. Could you please come down and shoo it away.. Don't worry.. The 4 year old next door will stand at your back...  :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Sheila

Scrumpy, Paul wants to know if the 4 year old will save him from the magpie ..... or you!

Alex

Cassandra

I have a small gang of ' Blue Jays' who are amongst those of the species who select not to migrate.

Accordingly being rebellious, they are both extremely noisy and incredibly greedy at the same time. Hilarious to watch they are magnificent aerialists and very comical.

When you look like this the din is worth enduring.

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

That is true Cassandra.. Us beauties do not need to sing sweetly..  :wink:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Cassandra

"She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes;"

:wink:

Michael Rolls

The little bird looks almost like a cartoon character - an exaggeration of shape and colour!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

Quote from: Michael Rolls on December 31, 2021, 08:10:26 PM
The little bird looks almost like a cartoon character - an exaggeration of shape and colour!
Mike

Mike you want to hear them, they serially dive bomb at my little one. Albert just stares up at them much as to say 'Nah - is that the best you got'. He nearly got one the other day, late on lift off it misjudged how far he can jump when he lifts his kilt up!

Apparently in the summer they swell to great numbers and there are great comings togethers with the Magpies.

Michael Rolls

They look cute, and me being a bit on the deaf side.......
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

All the different new wildlife must be great. Like a town kid going into the country for the first time.

Cassandra

Quote from: klondike on December 31, 2021, 09:35:46 PM
All the different new wildlife must be great. Like a town kid going into the country for the first time.

Yes it's wonderful and something I'd really never considered before the move. The locals find me highly amusing with my fascination for the little 'critters' they just take for granted.

Jacqueline

What a beautiful blue bird, we have Jay's here our  garden, but they are not as impressive as yours.  They are the same family as the Magpies who we don't like, its daft really as I expect the Jay is as nasty as the Magpie who terrorises the small birds in nesting season,  funny how we favour one over the other.