MERRY CHRISTMAS..

Started by Scrumpy, December 24, 2021, 08:38:30 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Neither are pensioners one has an email @ webmarketingtools.net the other @ visagency.online both with IPs showing as in the Asia Pacific area and when I've finished posting this neither will be members any more.

https://www.ipqualityscore.com/domain-reputation/visagency.online

https://www.ipqualityscore.com/domain-reputation/webmarketingtools.net

Raven

Some of the forums have a wee set of questions to be answered before a person is able to join, even then it's not a guarantee they will be accepted.
A forum I joined ages back had this, the guest was only able to view the main page with all the sections but not able to access the threads. It certainly sorted the wheat from the chaff.  :hmm:

klondike

There are various options available

the fairly trivial captcha
email activation which does at least ensure a valid email was entered
Q & A - I accidentally left this on after I played with it. I only set one - the question I asked was Are you a weapons grade prat?

Boards that guests don't have permission to view don't show on the front page until after login. I set politics and controversial up like that.

The problem with hiding things away should this board end up as the only one and needs indexing by search engines to gain fresh members  wont rank well with only one page and links leading nowhere. If it should end up as the only one I'd get a dedicated domain as subdomains like it operates now tend to rank poorly too.

A quick check shows all these and more available when I searched using pensionersforum...

pensionerforum.co.uk
pensionerforum.com
pensionersforum.co
pensionersforum.info
pensionersforum.me
pensionersforum.net
pensionersforum.org
pensionersforum.org.uk
pensionersforum.pro
pensionersforum.uk
pensionersforums.co.uk
pensionersforums.com
pensionforum.co.uk     

I'd be inclined towards
pensionersforum.uk

As .uk domains are the same price as co.uk and most of the others are more expensive although none are all that dear. If/when I got it I'd let digitalham lapse or possibly try selling it.

hugh

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Hugh
Happy Golfer

zoony

I'd be ruled by your inclination mate. 'Years Best Site' by far.  :grin:

klondike

Pity I felt the need to put it together.

Anyway back on topic  :smiley: ...