Films

Started by zoony, December 21, 2021, 09:37:07 PM

« previous - next »

zoony

People wot can't suspend their disbelief should watch documentaries.. :wink:

klondike

Just watched Bourne Identity again. I'd pretty much forgotten all of it which was great as I could enjoy it all over again. The correct name for what get called silencers is a moderator as that's what they do. The noise from the moderated pistol at the end was more than I remembered it as but still not all that realistic - as quiet or possiblt quieter than a moderated air rifle in fact.

zoony

I thought Matt Damon really played the role well but there was one mismatch, was it Jeremy Renner(?) took the lead role in one of 'em.. Not the best..

klondike

He ended limping in that first one (should have been the morgue in reality after the fall) but from memory again which isn't so hot that was an ever present theme and he had to limp his way through a lot of them. I've redownloaded them as the ones I have are old and may not be all that good.

At least they wouldn't have been taken at an angle with crisp and popcorn sound effects, a washed out picture and some bloke getting up part way through to go for a Jimmy Riddle as I mostly avoided CAMs after the one example with all those qualities. Zoony will know what I mean. The rest of you can put the comment down to the ramblings of a senile old goat and ignore them.

klondike

Quote from: zoony on January 17, 2022, 12:40:17 AM
I thought Matt Damon really played the role well but there was one mismatch, was it Jeremy Renner(?) took the lead role in one of 'em.. Not the best..
IMDB says he played a character in The Bourne Legacy
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0719637/
Aaron Cross apparently. My memory is way way to poor to remember such things. I just watch a film and remember Loved it, Loathed it or Meh and that's about that. I don't analyse them.

zoony

Quote from: klondike on January 17, 2022, 10:12:13 AM
He ended limping in that first one (should have been the morgue in reality after the fall) but from memory again which isn't so hot that was an ever present theme and he had to limp his way through a lot of them. I've redownloaded them as the ones I have are old and may not be all that good.

At least they wouldn't have been taken at an angle with crisp and popcorn sound effects, a washed out picture and some bloke getting up part way through to go for a Jimmy Riddle as I mostly avoided CAMs after the one example with all those qualities. Zoony will know what I mean. The rest of you can put the comment down to the ramblings of a senile old goat and ignore them.

Absolutely no CAMS or downloads with CH in the title.. It took me a while to understand the system but experience costs nothing to gain..

klondike

I wasn't over enamoured of the 2012 Bourne with no Bourne (Matt Damon) in it. Started to get a bit too SciFi for the genre imo.

I've just been going through my to download list and find that the next 2 of Vera Season 11 have arrived. A couple more still to come. Still no sign of the next season of Last Kingdom.

I've more to check so will be adding to this with any luck. Probably

Seasons 1 - 4 of Sleepy Hollow as recommended by Raven iirc on their way down.

zoony

I've been re-watching 'Vikings' and the adventures of Ragnar Lothbrok which I enjoyed so much the first time round.. Also the early 'Vera' series' which I missed as I wasn't living here. Just finished Series 4. So much prefer our home-growns to most of the imports.. They're so noisy!  :grin:

klondike

I enjoyed the early Vikings but I think it either lost the plot or I lost the patience to follow the plot shortly after Ragnar was killed.

Did you ever watch Silent Witness? I liked them and have umpteen seasons waiting for a second viewing.

Alex

I've started watching a series on Netflix called Undercover, anyone watched it ? good so far, undercover cops and drug dealers.

zoony

Belgian/Dutch is unusual.. I'll add it to my list for checking out.  :upvote:

-Oy-

More of a Fantasy Fiction fan meself.

The Witcher season 2 was good (even after reading all the books)

The book of Boba Fett every Wednesday on Netflix is fantabadoozy at the moment.

Looking forward to Stranger Things Season 4 soon too.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

zoony

Quote from: -Oy- on January 24, 2022, 09:59:15 PM
More of a Fantasy Fiction fan meself.

The Witcher season 2 was good (even after reading all the books)

The book of Boba Fett every Wednesday on Netflix is fantabadoozy at the moment.

Looking forward to Stranger Things Season 4 soon too.

Hm.. I've just begun Witcher 2 and the same with Boba Fett..Never got into Stranger Things somehow.

-Oy-

Boba is a slow burner - lots of back story - but it's scene setting for future seasons and is awesome!
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

zoony

I'm not the Biggest Star Wars fan but the franchise and George Lucas spin-offs go from strength to strength.