The Ashes

Started by Michael Rolls, December 20, 2021, 10:20:39 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

at 12-3 I had to make sure it really was Australia batting, not England! However, they are now going hell for leather - already passed 50 for the fourth wicket
Mike
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

236-5. Despite his pace, Wood is getting carted all over the place. On the greenest of greentops, from all accounts ever seen in a Test In Oz for many years, our part-time spinner has already sent down 10 overs. I see Robinson, who looked really threatening early on, has only bowled 8 overs, Hope there's nothing wrong
Mike
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

As I feared - Robinson has picked up a back spasm - not clear if he will bowl again
Mike
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Good Lord! Just watched the highlights - I have never, ever, seen so green a wicket for a Test in Oz. Have to feel sorry for Labuschagne - foot went from under him as though he had stepped on ice
Mike
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Oz all  out for 303 - not bad after being 12-3!
Mike
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Another brilliant start from England. Burns run out without scoring, Crawley goe for 18 - 34-2 at the break
Mike   [1170] [1170]
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

So 188 all out, now have Oz at 74-6, a lead of 189. Given the way England have batter, that could be enough!
Mike  [1050]
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Australia all out, leaving England 271 to get. Easy!!
Mike  :pigfly: :pigfly: :pigfly:
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

How on Earth do they do it? from 68/0 to 124 all out! If you exclude Mr. Extras - third highest scorer with 13, Burns and Crawley scored 62 between them - more than the other nine put together.
Mike
[email protected]

crabbyob

Mike i admit having little or no interest in Cricket but i just noticed you must have set some kind of record, twelve posts without reply... i felt i should step in and acknowledge your posts at least, in case you felt abandoned...keep your chin up old boy, its the taking part that matters....isnt it...
play up, play up, and play the game....

Michael Rolls

C'est la vie! (Even the French would probably beat this lot at the moment!)
Mike  [1170] [1170]
[email protected]

zoony

Quote from: crabbyob on January 16, 2022, 03:02:36 PM
Mike i admit having little or no interest in Cricket but i just noticed you must have set some kind of record, twelve posts without reply... i felt i should step in and acknowledge your posts at least, in case you felt abandoned...keep your chin up old boy, its the taking part that matters....isnt it...
play up, play up, and play the game....

No offence intended.. I'm just fed up with England cricket and cricketers. I'll start watching them again, and comment when they stop looking so incompetent.

Michael Rolls

Could be a long wait
Mike 😢😢😢
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Just watched the brief highlights on the BBC site - can't remember ever seeing such a sequence of clueless dismissals - they would have disgraced an under 15 XI
Mike
[email protected]