Visa Cards

Started by Alex, January 17, 2022, 03:04:44 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

I had an e-mail today from Amazon informing me Visa cards will still be accepted in future.  I guess they must have come to an agreement with Visa, as before Christmas they gave everyone notice the cards wouldn't be accepted after January 2022.  Saves a lot of pfaff.....

Michael Rolls

Apparently the two sides are still talking, but so far, so good
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Wandering Walter

I did not get an e-mail from Amazon but I did read they are still negotiating with Visa Card 

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on January 17, 2022, 03:04:44 PM
I had an e-mail today from Amazon informing me Visa cards will still be accepted in future.  I guess they must have come to an agreement with Visa, as before Christmas they gave everyone notice the cards wouldn't be accepted after January 2022.  Saves a lot of pfaff.....

Two groups of 'millenium' punks confronting each other with endemic hubris as the prime value, both sides.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

It did me a favour. I got one that uses Mastercard which pays cashback. Not a lot but better than a poke in the eye.

Scrumpy

I didn't get an email at any time..
I now hear that they have resolved the problem and Visa will remain ...  They would have lost my custom had they chosen not to accept Visa..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

It's easy enough to get an alternate credit card so I took that course. I don't doubt that the row was over transaction charges. Lots of places won't take Amex.

Dayjo

Quote from: klondike on January 17, 2022, 03:45:24 PM
I got one that uses Mastercard which pays cashback. Not a lot but better than a poke in the eye.
Had one for some years, now. Pays me a handy £40, each January....  :upvote:
As you slide down the banister of life.
May the splinters never point in the wrong direction.

klondike

I used to have a Tesco one which gave Tesco points on all purchases but Tesco stopped doing the points worth double in store thing and I didn't want Theme Park tickets and the like so that one got binned for a Nationwide one that paid cashback then the cashback got reduced and finally binned. I sat on it quite a while until Amazon said no Visa so I got the current one. I do just about all my spending on CC so having cashback is a bonus.

Sheila

I used to have an Asda credit card (I can't remember if it was Visa) because of the cash back.  We used to pay it off in full every month by direct debit so it was win win for us - but then they stopped it.

klondike

The one I got was Llloyds bank  - 0.25% cashback on every £1 you spend up to £4,000, and 0.5% for every £1 you spend over £4,000 intro offer was £20 if you spend £1000 in first 90 days which I have already. Payout is each January.

There may be better but I didn't trawl around much. They gave more credit than I asked for but like you it's on full outstanding DD.