being thrifty,

Started by alfred, January 14, 2022, 08:09:27 AM

« previous - next »

zoony

I'da thought that they'd leave micro-scratches that over time would cloud the glass.. But you know my thoughts, shallow enough for paddling.. :wink:

Alex

Believe it or not, Brillo pads are actually not so abrasive that they'll damage glass! So you can use them to clean your windows, shower doors, mirrors, and other glass surfaces that don't have special coatings. Just don't use them on your glasses!
Copied

zoony

Well thank you for that Alex.. I'm a fan of vinegar water and newspaper myself..  :grin:

klondike

A quick wipe with something like...
Window Squeegee Glass Cleaning Wiper Rubber Blade For Shower Screen Small Squeegee Washer Wiper Plastic Body with Rubber Blade Easy Grip Handle Perfect for Bathroom & Wet Rooms Blue White Design https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FYK8NBW/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_CSD0JWX51RPAXRP8NR9Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

When you finish your shower stops any streaks forming.

Michael Rolls

I think the glass in our shower has some sort of coating, because water marks don't appear. I used to squeezy the glass but after forgetting and realising there were no marks when the glass dried, I no longer bother
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

For those without self cleaning shower screens I'd recommend  "Mr. Muscle "  :grin:

klondike

One of those wiper blade things is easier and cheaper.

Cheapest and easiset of all is leaving your glasses off...  :grin: