BBC Statue

Started by Alex, January 12, 2022, 08:56:58 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

There's a fella up a ladder outside the BBC bashing up the statue of Prospero and Ariel.  Police are in attendance  :clap: :clap: not doing anything like, but they're in attendance

zoony

Apparently it's because the statue was sculpted by Eric Gill who was a well-known sexual abuser of his "..Daughters, sisters and dog." This was at the end of the 19thC..    (.His dog??!)

Raven

Alex

Quote from: zoony on January 12, 2022, 09:10:02 PM
Apparently it's because the statue was sculpted by Eric Gill who was a well-known sexual abuser of his "..Daughters, sisters and dog." This was at the end of the 19thC..    (.His dog??!)

It seems post 'Bristol 4'  that anyone can be targeted now, so you never know some City fan could unseat Ferguson yet with nothing to fear !  :grin: :grin:

klondike

If you are thinking about it look back at what Cass said about jury decisions not setting precedent first. Just a suggestion...

zoony

I'd like the Statue Of Liberty taken down. What a misnomer THAT is is in the modern day.. Or at least turned around.

Raven

IMO, it doesn't matter what statue it is. The people who are pulling them down are wrong. It's criminal and should be treated as such. Sick to the back teeth of these bloody scunners.  :angry: :angry: :angry:

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on January 12, 2022, 08:56:58 PM
There's a fella up a ladder outside the BBC bashing up the statue of Prospero and Ariel.  Police are in attendance  :clap: :clap: not doing anything like, but they're in attendance

They'll be there to ensure his safety so no one kicks seven shades of shit out of him.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Or kicks the ladder away   :grin:  I wonder if he's still up there ? :hmm:

Wandering Walter

He is now down with the aid of the Fire Brigade , arrested and now in custody on suspicion of Criminal Damage

Here he is

https://news.sky.com/story/man-uses-hammer-to-attack-statue-outside-bbc-building-12514570

Michael Rolls

No doubt he'll be found not guilty and granted compensation for the trauma he has suffered
Mike  :1020: :1020: :1020:
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Wandering Walter

:grin:

One never knows these days, never mind the overwhelming evidence if he gets a Jury like the ones in Bristol he could be on a winner  :hmm: