Electricity prices

Started by Michael Rolls, January 11, 2022, 04:01:50 AM

« previous - next »

crabbyob

and Scots Europeans...like Europe  :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

zoony

Whatever is which, I'm worried about such a potentially huge jump in leccy and gas prices.. I, like many, live on a fairly tight budget and a thousand quid extra doesn't just appear from nowhere.

crabbyob

yes pal, you and a million other households .... the utilities must all be re-nationalised, how can any country be safe with foreign countries controling them...

zoony

klondike

Quote from: zoony on January 18, 2022, 04:09:00 PM
Whatever is which, I'm worried about such a potentially huge jump in leccy and gas prices.. I, like many, live on a fairly tight budget and a thousand quid extra doesn't just appear from nowhere.
Get a baseball bat. Go to the Post Office. Say give me all your dosh. You'll get free board and lodging then pleasuring her majesty.  :grin:

crabbyob

its not pleasuring her Maj that worries me
its yon big African that thinks im a  [1170]looker...

Wandering Walter

Quote from: crabbyob on January 18, 2022, 04:14:29 PM
yes pal, you and a million other households .... the utilities must all be re-nationalised, how can any country be safe with foreign countries controling them...

That was too costly the taxpayers could not afford to keep propping them up, that is why the Tories are going for our own power stations which will unfortunately mean nuclear 

crabbyob

surely it cant be hard to come up with generators that could be sited in rivers that flow day and night or bigger ones in tidal estuaries that generate with the tides?... or is that too simple a soloution, well perhaps not a soloution but a without a doubt a great help...

klondike

I've always thought tidal barages should be the way forward. The wind might not blow but even Kings can't stop the tides.

There may be technical problems but there are always conservationists up in arms about these schemes taking habitat from migrant birds. If we are really destroying the planet by using fossil fuels and the bird habitat argument stops a good scheme is it really the conservationists destroying the planet? Surely better a little habitat loss than an entire planet being lost? If you believe that is the case of course.