Electricity prices

Started by Michael Rolls, January 11, 2022, 04:01:50 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

Quote from: crabbyob on January 15, 2022, 10:16:27 AM
All utilities need re-nationalised, as should car insurance.... but thats not the Tory way.. :nooo:

Fooking Tories How I hate them.  :yell: :angry: :nooo: :downvote:

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on January 14, 2022, 09:03:23 PM
The French government is forcing EDF, the state energy company to take a £7bn  financial hit to protect households from rocketing energy costs.
In Spain the government introduced a windfall tax on electricity generators and gas producers to help keep home energy bills low.
In Germany, the government has slashed a surcharge on bills used to support renewable energy schemes, they'll instead receive extra state subsidies.
In Uk Rishi  Sunak.............................. :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:

Sunak is an Indian for all intents & purposes & the Indian caste system is to despise the lower classes & certainly not help them.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Flying Bomb

Quote from: Diasi on January 15, 2022, 02:29:25 PM
Sunak is an Indian for all intents & purposes & the Indian caste system is to despise the lower classes & certainly not help them.
If elected as PM will he Curry flavour with the voters? :grin:

klondike

zoony

Sunak is an Englishman. Fair enough, he's a Tory which is arguably as caste-conscious as Hinduism is, but I'm not sure it's fair to call him uncaring or unhelpful because of it..

klondike

As a multi-millionaire (or so I think I read) he may have a problem understanding the problems faced by those on more modest means.

Scrumpy

Sunak is a very wealthy man who probably has little idea how the 'other half' live..
We could say that about many in parliament.. Most are wealthy..

I hope Boris stays..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

zoony

I really don't see how he's so judged on here by people who don't know him at all, including me. How can he possibly not be aware of what life is like for the poor here? He may be wealthy but he's not stupid. He has eyes and ears like the rest of us.

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on January 15, 2022, 06:11:46 PM
I hope Boris stays..

The press smell blood and I suspect that there are plenty seething at the shenanigans. It's the lying and the hypocrasy that get's 'em. Had he just put up his hands and apologised at the outset this would be yesterday's chip wrappings.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1550606/boris-johnson-poll-john-curtice-labour-general-election-majority-latest-vn

Polling guru Curtice warns Boris in 'deep trouble' as Labour set to win next election
POLLING GURU Sir John Curtice has warned Boris Johnson and the Conservative Party are in "deep trouble" following partygate.

Jacqueline

Quote from: zoony on January 15, 2022, 05:24:55 PM
Sunak is an Englishman. Fair enough, he's a Tory which is arguably as caste-conscious as Hinduism is, but I'm not sure it's fair to call him uncaring or unhelpful because of it..

He may be British but he is not  English, how can he be when he is from Indian heritage.  Joanna Lumley was born in India but she isn't Indian.

Diasi

Quote from: zoony on January 15, 2022, 05:24:55 PM

I didn't say he was unhelpful or caring, I said that the ethnic culture, from which he originates, had a caste system which despises the lower ranks, calling them 'untouchables' I think is the term they use.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

crabbyob

Quote from: Diasi on January 16, 2022, 02:21:54 PM
I didn't say he was unhelpful or caring, I said that the ethnic culture, from which he originates, had a caste system which despises the lower ranks, calling them 'untouchables' I think is the term they use.
so what might our Eton educated tories call our 'working class'... the great unwashed?

zoony

crabbyob

Quote from: Jacqueline on January 15, 2022, 07:50:19 PM
He may be British but he is not  English, how can he be when he is from Indian heritage.  Joanna Lumley was born in India but she isn't Indian.
so was Cliff Richards...and Engelbert humper think.... ...

Alex

Asian British like Italian American !