Learning all the time

Started by klondike, January 10, 2022, 08:01:06 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

I found this out the other day but forgot. I expect it will be teaching some to suck eggs.

I noticed the layout here was a bit different from PF. It used a bit more space at the top but had a useful show unread posts link that didn't vanish as you read a thread unlike the one in the grey/blue  bar that runs across. Here I'd whip up to the top and click the link while on PF  I'd go right back to the main boards link and click unread from there - an extra click. Then I saw the light chevron top right and highlighted in the picture below. That controls which version you see and seems to stop that way indefinitely. I've been using the PF board for years and never noticed.

Alex

zoony

:grin: :grin: What would YOU like to learn about Alex? Male menopause?

Alex

I already know a good bit about that Zoony  :grin:  It's just when I'm tired I can't take in technical stuff.  If I went up to bed now, I wouldn't sleep ggrrrrr.... [2100]

zoony

I don't think it's just a man thing but enthusiasts are often apostolic about their particular 'thing' and tend to wax lyrical..The nice ones are okay at dinner cos they agree to boundaries..  :grin: :grin:

klondike

While others assume that polite folk who aren't interested would just ignore their ramblings and not make negative comments. It's rather like posting to say you didn't like a joke. Mind you I did pretty much do just that recently with one crabbly obviously got from a cracker he found up the loft that had been there since WW2  :grin:

Alex

Quote from: klondike on January 11, 2022, 07:33:11 AM
While others assume that polite folk who aren't interested would just ignore their ramblings and not make negative comments. It's rather like posting to say you didn't like a joke. Mind you I did pretty much do just that recently with one crabbly obviously got from a cracker he found up the loft that had been there since WW2  :grin:

I didn't want you to feel ignored   :grin:

klondike

That's how I felt about crabbyob  :grin:

crabbyob