Live With It.

Started by Raven, January 09, 2022, 11:32:33 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

No more free tests, just get on with things. What do you say to that then?  :1040:

Wandering Walter

We have no choice but to live with it by the look of things as we do with seasonal flu, we have enough free tests in the cupboard to test ourselves if we think we  may have contacted the virus we will only use them when we are really concerned that its more than just a sniffle or head cold 

Raven

We also have some but have never tested, never felt we needed to, but will if we think one of us may have caught it.
The only place I go most days is the pool but the chlorine kills the virus so I feel quite safe, I also stay out of the Steam Rooms and the Saunas.....just incase. Apart from that I'm on my own 99% of the time, well away from anyone else. I do my shopping first thing so it's dead quiet and I'm masked up, I keep a bottle of hand sanitizer in the car and use it the moment I return.

Scrumpy

I agree.. We have got to learn to live with it now.. as we do flu..
We just need to take care and be more responsible for ourselves..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Wandering Walter

Quote from: Raven on January 09, 2022, 11:45:16 AM
We also have some but have never tested, never felt we needed to, but will if we think one of us may have caught it.
The only place I go most days is the pool but the chlorine kills the virus so I feel quite safe, I also stay out of the Steam Rooms and the Saunas.....just incase. Apart from that I'm on my own 99% of the time, well away from anyone else. I do my shopping first thing so it's dead quiet and I'm masked up, I keep a bottle of hand sanitizer in the car and use it the moment I return.

I tested myself last week for the first time because I had a runny nose and wanted to make sure I had not been infected but the main reason was because I had a Hospital Appointment last Thursday and would have cancelled it if positive 

klondike

I'd be far more concerned about catching it in a hospital than spreading it to one. I think I read it was 30% of infections can be traced back to a hospital visit.

Wandering Walter

Yes I was a little concerned about it as is my wife, but as we have been in and out of three different large hospitals in London so many times over the last 15 months perhaps we have been lucky, but we do take great care and adhere to the rules surgical gloves and sanitizer, we do not travel by public transport either

Wandering Walter

Quote from: Raven on January 09, 2022, 11:32:33 AM
No more free tests, just get on with things. What do you say to that then?  :1040:

I was listening to the Education Minister this morning and he stated he had not heard about story at all

Alex

What did you expect ?  the Government has to save money somewhere to pay for all the hotels currently on their books.

Sheila

I also heard Nadhim Zahawi saying that the information in the papers had not come from the government.  He was on The Sophie Rainworth show (used to be Andrew Marr).

TREBOR

Said hotel rooms being used to house illegals in luxury (plus halal food and efficient wifi) while British tax payers foot the bill and struggle with rising energy and food prices.

klondike

It's probably cheaper to dish up the "culturally appropriate" diet than repair all the damage done in the the riots that follow a beans on toast meal.