Colston Statue

Started by Alex, January 05, 2022, 10:25:13 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Quote from: Wandering Walter on January 08, 2022, 12:16:23 PM
As I have posted earlier they " are selected at random "

Unless you're accquainted with the court officer who selects the jury & who puts you on his nod & a wink 'not be arsed with jury service' list.

Then the 'random' pin, miraculously, will never, randomly, hit your address.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Wandering Walter

You have a weird imagination

Here is how its done in the real world, feel free to disregard facts

The jury selection process - InBrief.co.uk

www.inbrief.co.uk/legal-system/jury-selection-process/

crabbyob

i just got a knock on the door and a copper handed me a summons to attend the Sheffield Assizes
my boss at work told me to just bring it into work and he would fix it, i declined his offer, and sat in the jury box for three days, i should have gone back to work thurs friday but thought ..erm.... nope, so i had the week off, and was quite surprised to get paid for the full week...

Wandering Walter

You must live in a rough tough area , the Postman delivers them down here  :grin:

crabbyob

it was an area frequented by Gypo's,,, lol... but there was two little rows of cottages...Black Bank, Granny Mac... most folk didnt know there were houses there...

Michael Rolls

I had a summons for jury service some years back. Thankfully, I was over (well over) 65 so was able to decline, because there was no way I could leave Veronica alone all day.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Wandering Walter

I have never been called for Jury Service now due to age exempt :smiley: