Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

National - or rather state - paranoia. There is always the fear of chemical or biological attack from an unfriendly source and therefore the need to understand potential threats and how to counter them. Not new; in 1956 we RAF inductees were lectured on the symptoms of the most common gases likely to be used, and they were, of course, used extensively in WW1 and, had Germany actually invaded in 1940 there were plans to gas the beaches.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Blooming weapons of war. :angry: If the Worlds "Powers that Be" put the same sort of energy into Peace, and saving the Planet, the world would be a wonderful place. :yahoo:

crabbyob

wheres the money in 'Peace?'
in war they are getting rid of loads of wanna be pensioners that are obviously a drain on society... :bandaged: :bandaged:

Raven

crabbyob

your an eception tho... i am a drain... :bandaged:

Raven

I'm working harder now since I retired than when I was employed. :waiting: A farm is no place to live if you want a lazy leisurely life. I have to go back to Perth for a rest.  :embarrassed:

klondike

Quote from: Raven on December 19, 2021, 11:03:53 AM
I expect I am wrong BUT, I was under the impression that it was released on purpose, and then bats at a live animal market were to be blamed. :angry:
But I simply do not understand why people have to mess around with dangerous stuff like these virus bugs in the first place :yell:
From stuff I read...

The Wuhan institue studies many different viruses. There was a bat cave about 2,000 miles away where somebody reported people were getting sick after going in. A scientist from Wuhan went to investigate and came back infected.

There are many variations including ones where they were tinkering with the viruses they collected to see if animal ones could be made to infect humans. Doubtless posible but maybe not true.

There was extensive testing of animals in Wuhan and they were all covid free. The CCP came up with a theory that frozen food shipped from near the bat cave to Wuhan was somehow infected. No tests of frozen food were positive for covid. Nobody anywhere else than Wuhan was infected in the early days.

The suspicion is that the Americans had this all worked out quite quickly. Trump tweeted it was a Chinese lab leak. All the woke scientists pooh-poohed that because Trump had tweeted that it was.

No idea just how much of that is

but my betting is that it came initially from that bat cave and then spread via the Wuhan lab.

Scrumpy

Just spotted you crabbyob.. how's your day been.?
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

I'm celebrating the fact that today is the first day since the solstice and daylight is a whole 2 seconds longer than yesterday - make the most of them!
Mike
[email protected]

Raven

Winter Solstice is my favourite day of the year, it always makes me feel as if we've turned a corner.
Been up most of the night with Dagues, he's not well at all.  :cry: I'm sure he ate something when we were in the woods on Monday, he kept vanishing in the thick fog and I came on him head down and I'm sure he was eating. I yelled at him to come but he was very reluctant to. He wasn't right yesterday and started being sick around lunch time, both of us are shattered but he's not been sick for several hours now. No pool as I don't want to leave him and I may have to end up at the Vet.😭

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: Michael Rolls on December 22, 2021, 06:22:12 AM
I'm celebrating the fact that today is the first day since the solstice and daylight is a whole 2 seconds longer than yesterday - make the most of them!
Mike
You get it worse up there than we do further south (but of course benefit with longer daylight in the summer). What depresses me this time of year more than the early sunset is that it is still only just getting light at 8 in the morning. I reckon zoony only gets 3  hours of daylight at this time of year  :grin:

Michael Rolls

not quite that bad here - today 6 hours and 49 minutes of daylight - if you can call the overcast sky I can see through the window 'daylight' - but summer makes up for it
Mike
[email protected]

Raven

Morning, Dageus is a bit brighter and not been sick again, but sleeping a lot  :upvote: So I went off for my swim and hot soak in the jacuzzi.  [2000] Got a bit of a Tail Wag from the sofa on my return.
It's pouring with rain here so if Dageus doesn't want his walk I don't mind. I have to go to Tesco this morning, and I'm not looking forward to it at all, but once it's done, it's done.
Just in the house this afternoon, few things to do then it's jigsaw and audio book. :smiley:

Michael Rolls

glad to hear that Dageus seems to be on the mend
Mike
[email protected]