when it comes to the vote .??

Started by alfred, January 05, 2022, 08:48:37 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

I'm sure Boris and his cronies will be some where at the bottom of the list when it comes to the vote ,

as for all the promises he has not kept, ? even letting the fishermen down and it seems giving in to the French instead, as the E.U are also doing their best to rip us off any way they can,.

but even more so for ignoring the pensioners in general ,how ever he seems to grab the perks , saying no Christmas party for you but its o.k for politicians , bare minimum pension rise as every thing going up wont in all likely hood cover the expenses that are already in the pipe line, petrol we already are experiencing.

the drive to get drivers to switch to electric cars at a time when even microchips are in very short supply ,the e10,petrol which for some drivers are having a problem as the government is desperately trying to force drivers into buying these so called electric cars . 

the chancellor is another glory seeking ostrich not seeing or not wanting to anything but raise taxes with the pensioners taking the brunt, much like the fabled robin hood who according to folk lore robbed the rich to give to the poor. and of course he buries his head, and only lifts it up  rather than look at the state of affairs when it suites him ,

look at the billions he's been spending is  this to simply ensure that should the labour party get in they will be saddled with  Billions of  pounds of problems to which they will have an enormous  head ache sorting it all out.
or can this government simply write it off, much like a business tax loss??

i hope the pensioners who vote will remember this so called caring tory party who is robbing the poor, to give to the rich, a sort of reversible tax ,
which is very much like looking after the boys in the old boys club.
if your a member then that's fine otherwise ,  youve had it, ?

its looking that if your a pensioner then youve had it as this government doesn't allow for people who have paid their taxes in the past and who haven't been a drain on anyone simply that they have looked after them selves , in being wise and thrifty.

Q; So what  views do you have regarding this so called caring party and will you vote , as its likely to be more of the same.,

klondike

Blimey - I think you are outed as being Nigel Farage with that one  :grin:

All very good points. The major problem as I see it is with our electoral system the hurdle set for any new party is huge. UKIP secured millions of votes but only a single seat. They won purely because Cameron lost his nerve and saw lost Tory votes putting Labour into power. I don't think that will happen again. Labour blew it in Scotland and without Scotland it will be a very uphill struggle for them to return to government.

More than that though any thinking person must surely see that Starmer would be likely to lose the party leadership very soon after an election win and a Marxist slipped in by the membership as our PM.

Boris's bungles may well lose him party leadership. Especially as he was never favoured by the Tory grandees and only got it because none of the others at the time could have got the majority Farage gifted him. Farage now is one of his harshest critics and has nothing to gift  him even if he wanted to.

We live in interesting times and IMO Boris's time in Number 10 is limited. Was that hideous wallpaper a sound investment? I think, on balance, not.

Diasi

Quote from: alfred on January 05, 2022, 08:48:37 AM
I'm sure Boris and his cronies will be some where at the bottom of the list when it comes to the vote ,

as for all the promises he has not kept, ? even letting the fishermen down and it seems giving in to the French instead, as the E.U are also doing their best to rip us off any way they can,.

but even more so for ignoring the pensioners in general ,how ever he seems to grab the perks , saying no Christmas party for you but its o.k for politicians , bare minimum pension rise as every thing going up wont in all likely hood cover the expenses that are already in the pipe line, petrol we already are experiencing.

the drive to get drivers to switch to electric cars at a time when even microchips are in very short supply ,the e10,petrol which for some drivers are having a problem as the government is desperately trying to force drivers into buying these so called electric cars . 

the chancellor is another glory seeking ostrich not seeing or not wanting to anything but raise taxes with the pensioners taking the brunt, much like the fabled robin hood who according to folk lore robbed the rich to give to the poor. and of course he buries his head, and only lifts it up  rather than look at the state of affairs when it suites him ,

look at the billions he's been spending is  this to simply ensure that should the labour party get in they will be saddled with  Billions of  pounds of problems to which they will have an enormous  head ache sorting it all out.
or can this government simply write it off, much like a business tax loss??

i hope the pensioners who vote will remember this so called caring tory party who is robbing the poor, to give to the rich, a sort of reversible tax ,
which is very much like looking after the boys in the old boys club.
if your a member then that's fine otherwise ,  youve had it, ?

its looking that if your a pensioner then youve had it as this government doesn't allow for people who have paid their taxes in the past and who haven't been a drain on anyone simply that they have looked after them selves , in being wise and thrifty.

Q; So what  views do you have regarding this so called caring party and will you vote , as its likely to be more of the same.,

I take a more simplistic view, I've never been better-off under any Labour Government, including the one that didn't see the 2008 crash coming when they should have done.

Those in the property market were telling them for a couple of years.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

I'll vote Tory again - least worse option
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

What if Nigel Farage came back and stood in one of the red wall constituencies  ?  He hasn't ruled out making another comeback, although his success on GB News may stop him standing.   I don't know what to do, but it seems there's no other option but to vote Tory again.

Raven

Apart from Covid his priority should be making France stop migrants getting on boats and crossing the Channel. We gave them £50 million to sort this and Macron has not done a thing. :nooo: We are now up to 28,500 people arriving on our shores on boats from France in the last year and there will be hundreds more arriving daily. :angry: Absolute disgrace, and I am also furious with Priti Patel for not keeping her promises to sort this out.  :nooo:
Would I vote Tory? Not while there's breath in my body.  :angry:

Wandering Walter

Quote from: Michael Rolls on January 05, 2022, 10:52:57 AM
I'll vote Tory again - least worse option
Mike

I agree best of a very bad bunch

Raven

Wandering Walter

That's why I never vote Labour to stop the Mickey Mouse Marxists ruining , sorry running my Country again

ME

Never voted other than conversative in my life. Am seriously considering to abstain.

Diasi

Quote from: Raven on January 05, 2022, 12:05:28 PM
Apart from Covid his priority should be making France stop migrants getting on boats and crossing the Channel. We gave them £50 million to sort this and Macron has not done a thing. :nooo: We are now up to 28,500 people arriving on our shores on boats from France in the last year and there will be hundreds more arriving daily. :angry: Absolute disgrace, and I am also furious with Priti Patel for not keeping her promises to sort this out.  :nooo:
Would I vote Tory? Not while there's breath in my body.  :angry:

Well for that to happen we'd need to have politicians who are prepared to break a raft (pun intended) of international laws.

If Labour got in there wouldn't be any dinghy crossings as they all be arriving on chartered Eurostar trains.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

If Labour got in there wouldn't be any dingy crossings as they would all be arriving on chartered Eurostar..

:grin: :grin: :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Wandering Walter

Quote from: ME on January 05, 2022, 02:50:01 PM
Never voted other than conversative in my life. Am seriously considering to abstain.

Nor have I always voted Tory except when a UKIP candidate stood in my Consistency pre Brexit, I have considered abstaining over the years, but I end up voting to at least have my say

Cassandra

Quote from: ME on January 05, 2022, 02:50:01 PM

I will do that from here by literally sitting on my hands. Apart from voting for Harold Wilson in 1966 and UKIP in May's debacle, iv'e always voted Tory. Probably the next round will see another coalition. This time Green perhaps 10, same for Liberals, more Labour and if their not independent say 60 SNP.

Abstention will be the decider and don't despair, the present Govt is certainly not Conservative whatever it might be.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

As an ex-pat can you still vote Cass?