the repair shop ,

Started by alfred, January 01, 2022, 02:23:34 PM

« previous - next »

alfred

Like many of you who watch the television , i think the repair shop takes some beating. and its lovely to watch,

seeing people arriving at the shop with broken, or damaged items, or precious trinkets to which need urgent repairs , and later seeing just what these very talented people do ,almost repairing the impossible, is very clever indeed,

to my mind i really like to watch the two ladies who repair dolls, & teddy bears, and the lady who is very clever when it comes to leather,

and her watch repairing brother  who certainly knows his way around clocks and most things mechanical. And also Kirsten the lady who repairs china and ceramics,

Q; if  you watch this programme who do you prefer to see,   of course they are all very clever, and gifted people,.   

Wandering Walter

Great programme , I am also a fan of Drew Pritchard Salvage Hunters he also have a programme called Salvage Hunters Restorers so skilled   

klondike

I think I've mentioned before about being bemused by a program where they pick up junk that people are about to tip then pay a craftsman  to remodel it.

The result is invariably something I find hideous that they offload at a stupid price to a dealer who presumably sells it an even higher price to somebody with more money than sense.

Can't recall the name but it may be one you mentioned.

Michael Rolls

Actually sounds like BL - didn't realise she was on TV
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Cassandra

Quote from: alfred on January 01, 2022, 02:23:34 PM
Like many of you who watch the television , i think the repair shop takes some beating. and its lovely to watch,

seeing people arriving at the shop with broken, or damaged items, or precious trinkets to which need urgent repairs , and later seeing just what these very talented people do ,almost repairing the impossible, is very clever indeed,

to my mind i really like to watch the two ladies who repair dolls, & teddy bears, and the lady who is very clever when it comes to leather,

and her watch repairing brother  who certainly knows his way around clocks and most things mechanical. And also Kirsten the lady who repairs china and ceramics,

Q; if  you watch this programme who do you prefer to see,   of course they are all very clever, and gifted people,.

How delightfully depicted Alfred and well said sir! I find it very therapeutic too and keep a small dictating recorder to note all the little tips you can pick up on precesses and products. For example that young genius 'Will' the cabinet maker and wood worker. His 'cleaning' concoction of meths, turps and a 'drop' of linseed oil gives truly amazing results. There were a few really nice pieces left by the State receiver when I got my new home. They were dull and perhaps considered too old to be considered of any worth. Will's fluid has turned them into 'talking points'. For once - thank you BBC, now one of only two of their programmes I ever bother to watch. The other being Match of the Day with Gary Lineker's bits fast forwarded to exclusion!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...