chris

Started by alfred, December 30, 2021, 10:04:03 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

Chris has left many answers to clarify his reasons under  the general discussions on pensioners forum .co.uk,
i thought he explained every thing very well ,

how ever its some thing for you to decide,

Diasi

Quote from: alfred on December 30, 2021, 10:04:03 AM
Chris has left many answers to clarify his reasons under  the general discussions on pensioners forum .co.uk,

Yes he has but the point is that if he'd posted about the site outage problems several weeks ago, none of this would have happened.

He's merely shut the stable door after the horse has bolted.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

alfred

Equally i thought mark had done the right thing when it looked as if the old forum might collapse, at any time, as many of us thought, including myself ,

I'm  sure he mean well, and was very sincere in carrying out his idea , how ever what he did worked, with a good result ,at least we all now know what's been going on hope fully it will be for the last time ,

So what ever the way, we now have a clear understanding of where we stand, and thanks to mark, a satisfactory ending had worked out well
and were no longer in the dark , as Chris has clarified his actions too,.

klondike

Can you post a link to that please Alfred. I had a quick look but didn't see anything new other than he'd got the outage problem sorted out. I wonder if he be used the monitor I set up to check that  :smiley:

Raven

Sooooo, If we all return to the fold full time will Chris be stopping the approval of posts? Will everyone be able to post as they used to? :hmm:

klondike

I think only Scrumpy and myself were subject to moderation. I won't be returning to PF for reasons I have touched on elsewhere  Nobody else is impacted at all sfaik.

Raven

Quote from: klondike on December 30, 2021, 12:04:13 PM
I think only Scrumpy and myself were subject to moderation. I won't be returning to PF for reasons I have touched on elsewhere  Nobody else is impacted at all sfaik.

Well I think he should lift the approval thing, if he want's everyone back.  [2080]

zoony

Quote from: alfred on December 30, 2021, 10:04:03 AM

I thought that the crack about next time we notice things wrong somebody should email him was cack...WE DID! only to be  fobbed off. [2030]

klondike

He should lift it for Scrumpy for sure. I'm past caring.

This will be the second and final time I've abandoned PF because I didn't like the way Chris operated the site and dealt with trouble makers. If he actually used the site himself he would see the problems as they occur. Moderation by complaint only is not good practice nor is failing to notice the site was having multiple daily failures for a month or more despite being told then magically getting it fixed when he finally realised this site had been set up.

Enough of my moaning.

Raven

Quote from: klondike on December 30, 2021, 12:15:02 PM
He should lift it for Scrumpy for sure. I'm past caring.

This will be the second and final time I've abandoned PF because I didn't like the way Chris operated the site and dealt with trouble makers. If he actually used the site himself he would see the problems as they occur. Moderation by complaint only is not good practice nor is failing to notice the site was having multiple daily failures for a month or more despite being told then magically getting it fixed when he finally realised this site had been set up.

Enough of my moaning.

Your not moaning, your stating facts. Facts I happen to agree with, :upvote: this is the only forum I've heard of that doesn't have mods or at least the owner popping in every day to take part in a couple of threads and say Hi. :nooo:

Michael Rolls

Must say, right from my first venture onto this forum I was surprised at just how low key Chris was, but to be fair, most of the it didn't matter. Problem was, he stayed low key when it did matter
Mie
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

alfred

Hello klondike ,
i was referring to his statement, and his answers, which seemed to to me to be covering  some of the problems, i too had had occasions at the time like every one else when posting that some thing was wrong, how ever i kept on going and after a while some got through,

Diasi

Even if PFuk's problems have been sorted out, I still feel uneasy about what I post there & hope that this forum keeps going.

So far as I'm concerned PFuk would still be having problems if klondike hadn't stepped in.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Countryman

Quote from: Raven on December 30, 2021, 12:19:19 PM
[The PF] is the only forum I've heard of that doesn't have mods or at least the owner popping in every day to take part in a couple of threads and say Hi.

Yes, I have posted over 18,000 times on my own forum. I can't imagine not being on top of things and interacting with members. To let things slide as it appears on the PF seems to suggest a serious lack of control.

1955vintage

I tried to throw an olive branch at Chris to help mend the perceived rift and he has slapped me in the face with it.

I despair of the other forum.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off