Babies in Parliament

Started by Alex, December 29, 2021, 11:15:19 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

but being serious, I am totally agin it!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Babies in Parliament !!
Throwing dummies out of prams.. Talking and not making sense... Screaming to get attention... and blowing raspberries..!!!!
We already have them there..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

... and the likes of Prescott  ... well I'm sure you know what I mean.

zoony

Parliament already has a creche.. I assume they want to let new ones in who need feeding by mums..Why not? Given the insensitivities of politicos I doubt they'd notice unless pointed out..

klondike

I'd lay odds that many here will have walked past this perfectly natural procedure in public places and just not noticed. If anybody does notice and feels embarassed all they need do is casually look away.

Michael Rolls

Difference between public places and the working environment
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

crabbyob

Alex

Quote from: klondike on December 29, 2021, 02:48:24 PM
I'd lay odds that many here will have walked past this perfectly natural procedure in public places and just not noticed. If anybody does notice and feels embarassed all they need do is casually look away.

I don't know about others but I would never have breast fed in public !   Yes it's perfectly natural, but not at the bus stop   :grin:  and yes most people will walk past, but there's always the odd pervert who doesn't see it as a natural procedure.  Not for me.

Jacqueline

Quote from: Raven on December 29, 2021, 11:27:16 AM
I have a VERY old fashioned attitude to children, it's always caused a lot of rows especially with my ex DIL. I have always said if your going to have a baby, that's great but you look after it, you don't expect others to give up their way of life so you can dump your baby on them and return to work.  :nooo:
AND, yes I did give up my work and looked after my kids myself untill they both went to school and I returned to work and they went into after school groups. :tongue:

My views too Raven.  My daughter decided very young that she didn't want children as they didn't fit in with her biker lifestyle, something she has never regretted.  MP's and Parliament are not for split loyalties, you can't mix a demanding job like motherhood (at least in the early years) with a super demanding (or should be) job as an MP, these women who want it all make me sick, something enveriably has to give.

Cassandra

Confronted this a few times in my way of life in the past.

I don't believe one should 'impose' one's children on other folk who are attempting to earn a living. It's a distraction and the two just don't go together, especially in the atmosphere of a parliament or a court, both centres, or should be of serious exchange.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on December 31, 2021, 12:27:33 PM
I don't know about others but I would never have breast fed in public !   Yes it's perfectly natural, but not at the bus stop   :grin:

Indeed, I'd have missed my bus!
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

crabbyob

and as for being perfectly natural... so is defication, or urinating  :nooo: